A proctored math assignment on trigonometry in the right triangle. This trigonometry math test is for teachers and students wanting to review their trigonometry chapter online. Trigonometry has a big place in math
Proctored homework: Thales and trigonometry in the right triangle.
In triangle ABC of height [AH] shown below, we give:
AC = 4 cm, AB = 2.5 cm and = 30°.
1. Calculate the exact value of AH.
2. Calculate the measure of the angle rounded to the nearest degree.
3. Deduce the measure of the angle .
We consider the figure opposite which is not in full size.
IJKL is a rectangle.
O, M and I are aligned as well as O, K and J.
The measurements in cm are :
IJ = 7.5; KJ = 3; OK = 1.5
Calculate the exact values of MK and OI, then round OI to the nearest mm.
Exercise 3 : ‘trigonometry maths
Questions 2, 3 and 4 are independent. The unit is the centimeter.
1. Construct a triangle MAI rectangular in A such that AM = 8 and IM = 12.
2. Calculate the exact value of AI.
3. R is the point of the segment [MI] such that MR = 9.
The parallel to (AI) passing through R intersects [AM] at E.
4. Calculate .
Deduct the value, rounded to the nearest degree, of .
From the balcony of my apartment on the second floor of a building, I can see a crane in the construction site opposite.
The building is exactly 19.8 meters from the foot of the crane. Placed at 8 meters above the ground, I determined (with a simple protractor) the angle under which I saw the crane. This angle is equal to 61°.
1. Calling H the point on [BA] such that (OH) and (AB) are perpendicular, and noting that HA = 8 m, calculate the measure of the angle rounded to the nearest degree.
2. Calculate HB to the nearest cm.
3. Deduce the height of the crane to the nearest cm.
Exercise 5 : ‘trigonometry maths
Let [AB] be a segment, give a method to divide this segment in 5 equal parts using only a non graduated ruler, a non graduated square and a compass.
Cette publication est également disponible en : Français (French) العربية (Arabic)