I. Decomposition and name of the numbers
In mathematics, we have ten digits 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 which allow us to write all the whole numbers, just as the 26 letters of the alphabet from A to Z allow us to write all the words.
- 1,054 is a four-digit number;
- 7 is a single digit number.
In order to be able to read large integers easily, we group the digits together
in increments of three, starting from the right.
1049658723 is written 1 049 658 723
- a. This number is written one-billion-forty-nine-million-six-hundred-fifty-eight-thousand-seven-hundred-twenty-three.
- It is broken down as follows:
- 7 is the hundreds digit and 4 is the tens digit.
- The number of millions is 1,049. Not to be confused with the number of millions which is 9.
II. Locating on a graduated line
A graduated half-line is a half-line on which one has regularly plotted
a unit of length from its origin point O.
On a graduated half-line, a point is marked by a unique number called its abscissa.
The origin of the frame of reference noted O, has abscissa 0.
Give the abscissae of points A and B.
- Point A has abscissa 300. We note A(300).
- Point B has abscissa 800. We note B(800).
III. Comparison and storage
Comparing two numbers means finding the larger or smaller one, or telling if they are equal.
- To arrange numbers inascending order is to arrange them from smallest to largest.
- To arrange numbers indescending order is to arrange them from largest to smallest.
Arrange the following numbers 25 342, 253 420, 25 243, 235 420, 25 324 in ascending order.
The smallest number is marked, then the smallest number left, and so on until the last one.
So we get 25,243 < 25,324 < 25,342 < 235 420 < 253 420.
Did you learn the whole numbers in 6th grade?
0 of 9 questions completed
QCM de maths en 6ème sur les nombres entiers.
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 9 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
- Not categorized 0%
Cinquante-mille-trois-cent-trente-deux s’écrit :Correct
3 millions, 12 milliers et 35 unités s’écrit :Correct
Dans quel nombre y a-t-il 412 centaines ?Correct
Judes a 15 ans : c’est 3 ans de plus que son frère Tim.
L’âge de Tim est :Correct
Quentin a 36 €, c’est trois fois moins que le montant qu’a Ilhame.
Ilhame a, en euros :Correct
512 est divisible par :Correct
Les 106 élèves de sixième qui mangent à la cantine s’installent au fur et à mesure de leur arrivée autour de tables de 6.Correct
Skills to learn about integers:
- Know the definition of a whole number;
- Notion of integer and decimal parts;
- Know how to give the position of a number (tenth, hundredth, unit, thousands, …);
- Perform operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication and Euclidean division);
- Decompose a whole number.
This course is in accordance with the official programs of thenational education.
Cette publication est également disponible en : Français (French) العربية (Arabic)