A math test on triangles in seventh grade (5th grade) is always a way to practice but also to develop new math skills. Use all appropriate materials to solve problems. Stay focused and read the statement carefully before you begin solving. The student should be able to draw triangles well but also apply the properties learned in class. In addition, you can ask the teacher any questions you may have for further clarification. Remember to repeat the exercises at home after class.
This DS on triangles involves the following concepts:
– construction of a triangle with a ruler and a protractor;
– construction of a triangle with a ruler and compass;
– property of the sum of the three angles of a triangle.
Exercise n° 1 : ( 7 points)
Plots shall be neat, points named and construction lines left.
1. Construct a triangle ABC such that AB = 6 cm, AC = 4 cm and BC = 9 cm.
2. Construct a triangle LMN such that LM = 8 cm, MN = 5 cm and = 120°.
3. Construct a triangle PQR such that PQ = 7 cm, = 40° and = 50°.
Exercise n° 2 : (3 pts)
1. Can we construct a triangle with side lengths of 7 cm, 11 cm and 2 cm ? (Justify).
2. RS = 3 cm, ST = 4 cm and RT = 7 cm.
What can we say about the points R, S and T? (Justify).
Exercise 3: (10 points)
Marc has drawn a geometric figure freehand.
The points E, D and C are aligned.
1. Determine the measure of the angles and .
2. Determine the measure of the angle .
3. Reproduce, in true size, the figure with AB= 5cm
4. Show that the lines (AE) and (BC) are parallel.
Cette publication est également disponible en : Français (French) العربية (Arabic)